Re: [NTLK] Forum?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 16:18:24 EST

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Wesley Walls wrote:

> follow-ups for each inquiry. This current "email" format won't
> personally work for me.

This has been beaten to death as recently a month ago, so I don't see a
reason to beat it again. Go to the list archive:

http://marc.10east.com/?l=newtontalk&r=1&w=2

search for "forum", and read. However, my opinion is here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=103858303027915&w=2

and it basicially says that NewtonTalk will never turn into a web forum.
Doing both a forum linked to a mailing list would be technically too
difficult:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=104013328716354&w=2

If you want web forums, I've made quite a list in WikiWikiNewt:
http://misato.chuma.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/TalkAboutNewton

Go use one of those instead, or use the list archives, or filter your
mail, or...

(PS: I'm kind of frustrated right now, as my main PC is lying on the table
in pieces with probable dead motherboard.)