Re: [NTLK] Forum

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 14:43:09 EST

on 05/01/03 14:24, Steve Vander Ark at vderark_at_bccs.org wrote:

>> A forum is something you need to go
>> to. eMails come to you.
>
> And a group allows either one, which would mean that every user would be
> able to access NewtonTalk in a way that worked well for them. I completely
> agree that a forum is not the way to go. Why is it that we aren't talking
> about a group instead? In fact, doesn't a group already exist? Why are we
> still in this old mode that hurts a significant portion of our users when
> the alternative is already in place?

I don't understand. What do you mean by a "group"?

-Laurent.

fear and loathing n.: [from Hunter S. Thompson] A state inspired by the prospect of dealing with certain real-world systems and standards that are totally brain-damaged but ubiquitous -- Intel 8086s, or COBOL, or EBCDIC, or any IBM machine bigger than a workstation. "Ack! They want PCs to be able to talk to the AI machine. Fear and loathing time!"