Re: [NTLK] "Always On" wireless email?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 14:58:56 EST

Peter Cameron wrote:
> on 1/5/03 12:51 AM, Wesley Walls at wwalls_at_mac.com wrote:
>
>>I assume that you mean the service is no longer supported (rather than
>>the card)?
>
> I think some incarnation of WyndMail is still around but not supported
> on the Newton. 3Com dropped support for the card (actually made by RIM)
> several years ago.

I don't think it's available as an application to end users anymore. The
Mobitex data network that those cards used is still around, though. It's
still used for older RIM Blackberry devices, as well as other applications for
the vertical market: if you've ever used a wireless debit/credit machine (in
Canada), it uses Mobitex.