Re: [NTLK] Forum

From: Dave Christensen (dave_at_newrivergroup.com)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 19:02:30 EST

Weren't there copyright issues and costs to have a non-advertising supporte=
Y-Group? The amount of signal to noise gets pretty low with Y-Groups also=
,
spam is another consideration.

I really don=B9t like the thought of seeing someone asking about memory cards
and then being asked to subscribe to Entertainment magazine because im in
the 25-34 demographic.

I really should send a check (or is it a cheque?) to Victor....

Anyhow, many high volume lists exist, VANAGON-L (yes, my old diesel type II
if anyone care) is one that I subscribe to and will get 200 messages a day
sometimes. Its workable, just need your filters (on my Mac and on my Newt)
set properly.

-Dave

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html