Re: [NTLK] MacWorld Rumors outside of the Apple world

From: Hennessy, Kevin F (Kevin F) (kfhennessy_at_lucent.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 10:08:57 EST

My day job has me involved with wireless carriers, here is a rumor from
FierceWireless that is part of their industry highlights daily Email.
http://www.fiercewireless.com/

2. Apple makes iSync mobile

Apple Computer has officially announced the commercial launch of its iSync
1.0 software, enabling synchronization of PIM apps among different Mac
computers and other devices, including handsets and PDAs. Apple has
partnered with U.S. carrier Cingular Wireless and phone maker Sony Ericsson
to develop this "Mac to Mobile" platform. It is supported by a half-dozen
Sony Ericsson models, including the T68i, as well as by the Palm Tungsten,
Zire, and M-series PDAs, the Handspring Treo and Visor handhelds, and Sony's
Clie.

For more on Apple's iSync:
- read this piece from The Economic Times

PLUS: The rumor mill is HOT with whispers that Apple may be plotting the
launch of a PDA in the next week or so. We have been unable to find anything
that verifies this rumor, but it is worth mentioning. Also, there have been
hints recently about a possible Apple-designed handset (and that some
higher-ups in a few mobile phone companies are "nervous" about it). With CES
coming up in a few days, we can only wonder what news Apple is holding up
its sleeve.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html