[NTLK] -48809/SimpleMail

From: Tom McDougal (TMcDougal_at_newted.org)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 10:21:16 EST

Dear NewtonTalk members, I hope you can help.

Recently I have started getting -48809 errors (undefined method) whenever SimpleMail tries to disconnect. Based on the light on my ethernet card, it remains connected. This error requires a reset. Unfortunately, BugTrap does not catch this error, no matter what the settings. (Why would that be?)

By contrast, NewtsCape disconnects without error, making me suspect SimpleMail. I have sent Simon Bell a copy of this message, but hope that some of you might have ideas.

I am using SimpleMail v. 4.3b1/debug (the latest off UNNA) with NIE 2.0 on a MP 2100.

I have looked through the NewtonTalk archives and found other people getting the same error, but none with SimpleMail. Most were with MADMax, also when disconnecting. Based on part of that discussion, I thought the problem might be caused by BugTrap, but removing it had no effect.

I have tried in vain most of the usual fixes: freezing or removing other packages and extensions, reinstalling NIE and my ethernet card driver (3Com 3C589D), reinstalling SimpleMail itself. The Doctor utility of SBM Utilities turns up nothing.

Your suggestions will be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

-Tom McDougal

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html