[NTLK] Dates/MoreInfo Problem

From: Matt Waldinger (waldingr_at_adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 09:00:22 EST

Last night I tried to install MoreInfo on my Newt to try it out. Following
the install on my external store (OK as far as the manual says), when I
would try to open the Dates package I got an error slip that says Storage at
the top and it gave me a -10606 error. Checking the Database it means
"Object not found". I went to my Storage file and tapped the Dates store and
saw something I've never seen before. The slip was entirely blank save for
the Delete, Routing and Close boxes at the bottom. It has nothing else in
it, not even a title. My ToDos store is still fine and displaying approx.
what it should for number and size of entries.

After playing with it into the wee hours I finally decided the only thing to
do was erase MoreInfo and restore from my previous backup which luckily was
the day before. No joy. I would only get partially through the restore when
I got a communications error and it would restart with a partial restore,
but still the same error in Dates and still the blank store. Disgusted, I
retired for the evening. While tossing and turning I think I solved this
last mystery. I was using my Ethernet connection to restore and it was
probably trying to erase my driver or something for my card when the error
occurred. Does this sound right to anyone. When I get home from work today
(damn work-I'd get so much done if it wasn't for work)I'm going to attempt
to restore with my serial connection. I'm hoping that that's all it will
take.

If anyone can give me any advice/reassurance/support/money(it's worth a
try:) ) on any of this I'd appreciate it. Dates is probably my most used app
and I'd hate to lose that data as well as everything else.

TIA,
Matt

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html