Re: [NTLK] Re[2]: [OT] New 17" PowerBooks

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 16:02:33 EST

on 1/10/03 3:21 PM, James Elliott at james.elliott_at_newted.org wrote:

> I saw something somewhere where a guy had built a tablet into an old
> school iBook. Now THAT would be wicked!
>
> -James
>
>> Inkwell
>> Plug in a tablet and have at it
>> I'm told "You'll see why Apple has not released the newton to anyone
>> else to carry on with"

Well, I wonder if the keyboard on these hooks up via some internal USB port.
I'm thinking "What if someone made a touchscreen/graphics tablet to replace
the keyboard, complete with the ability to display a pseudo-keyboard and
respond to touch typing?"

I hereby grant all rights to this idea to the first person or company that
gives me a 12" Powerbook with a fully functioning version of such a device.
And if they make a ton of $ on it, they're welcome to set me up as a
permanent product 'tester'.

- Eric.