Re: [NTLK] OT VGA Monitor vs OS 9. 2

From: Pedro Hobbyfrazoo (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 06:14:19 EST

not to be flip, but there really isn't any reason to boot into 9
anymore.

the appletalk thing can be handled entirely from X. just boot any
other old-school app so you can access the Classic menu, then go into
the Apple Talk Control Panel you find there and turn on appletalk (and
save the configuration as you exit) just like the old days. then go
into the Chooser and check that the switch there is also showing
appletalk as "on."

then go to the X Network control panel and also turn on appletalk. all
should be cool at this point. if not, go into the Classic control
panel in X and reboot it (Classic, not X). when it finishes rebooting,
appletalk should be "on" within it.

On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 03:00 AM, Tom McDougal wrote:

> This isn't totally off-topic since to fix certain Appletalk woes under
> OS X it has been recommended that one reboot under 0S 9.
>
> Anyway, I have a hand-me-down beige G3. The Apple monitor that came
> with it didn't give as clear a picture as the Sony Multiscan I had
> been using, so with the appropriate Mac-to-VGA adapter I have been
> using the latter.
>
> But: With OS 9 I get "Out of scan range" and no picture, whereas with
> OS X it works fine.
> Clearly the hardware is capable of driving this monitor. Question is,
> is there anything I can add to OS 9 so that I will be able to boot in
> 9 and get a picture?
>
> -Tom

-- Peter
pjfraser_at_alamedanet.net