[NTLK] Unstuff multiple files in nested directories?

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 17:57:49 EST

MacOS question: Anybody know how to get Stuffit Expander or other utility to
process batches of compressed files automatically? The files are not all at
the same directory level, but are nested at various levels of folders within
folders.

It seems from the instructions that you should be able to just drop the
whole top-level directory on the Stuffit icon, but that isn't working for me
- Stuffit just launches, does nothing, and quits. I guess someone who knew
what they were doing (which rules me out) could do it with AppleScript?

A solution in either OS9 or X would be fine.

(Not really off-topic - I'm trying to create an installer-ready version of
the UNNA CD set. Currently, because many packages are in compressed
archives, you can't install directly from the CD, but must first copy the
files to your hard disk and decompress them.)

Thanks!
Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html