Re: [NTLK] some questions for the experts

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 03:14:28 EST

on 1/14/03 6:29 AM, W Izzy at izzy_at_phreaker.net wrote:

> 3. Why would the Thomas Tempelmann's Newton DIL tester wouldnt recognize =
the
> IrDa option in a portable G3 powerbook? I=B4ve checked the loaded extensio=
ns
> and seem fine. I open the Infrared ("Infrarrojos" in spanish) control pan=
el
> and try to dock and the infrared devices text says "Newton", but the opti=
on
> is still grayed out in Mr. Tempelmann's programme

Keep the Infrared control panel open while you launch DILTester. If that
doesn't work, then quit it and the control panel, and immediately launch DI=
Tester again. I had this happen the first time I tried to use DIL Tester,
and it took some fiddling to get it to recognize the port. Once I got it to
work, however, it seems to work ever after. You may have to reboot the
computer at some point also...
--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass_at_usa.net>
<mailto:glasshaus5_at_aol.com>
"[T]he law . . . dictated by God Himself is, of course, superior in
obligation to any other. It is binding over all the globe, in all countries=
,
and at all times. No human laws are of any validity if contrary to this."
--Alexander Hamilton, signer of the Constitution

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html