Re: [NTLK] Newt <-> PC connection

From: guillaume (pixelhaus_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 19:13:54 EST

ahhh.. i see, reminds me of the same kind of application i sometime have to use to play old DOS games in CGA/EGA mode, slow down your machine because otherwise you won't see the evil dudes flying towards you (at warp speed)..

unfortunately, the links this guy lists are dead; searching on google did bring it up but mentions it's useless to load this thing on anything faster than 700 mhz. damn, i'm at 1.5 ghz, and it's my only machine at home (i do have my old 650 mhz sony laptop, but sony in all its wisdom, decided to trash the serial ports to force me to get a port replicator, which i didnt get).

setting my serial ports to lower speeds (2400, 4800?) won't do it, eh?

--- Replying to Andrew Beals ---

It sounds like the classic "your PC is too fast". Try a 133MHz or slower
machine running '95.

http://www.thisoldnewt.net/html/hints/connsync.html

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html