Re: [NTLK] OT---Mozilla is ok in my book.

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 01:12:27 EST

On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 05:07 :-), Eric L. Strobel wrote:
<snip>
> It is probably the only app that's a bigger threat to one's HD than
> Netscape.
<snip>
First of all the newest version of AOL for OSX uses mozilla as the
source for it's browser component. So Netscape (which is also based on
the same source) is very similar.

I do prefer the Mozilla (http://mozilla.org) builds to the silly
Netscape branded product as it's got less AOL branding and is a little
more advanced in some respects, but again, it's based on the open
source Mozilla project.

My girlfriend runs Mozilla (1.2) on both OSX (Wallstreet266Mhz) and on
her PC at work (AMD 800). It is a very robust browser and I can
honestly say I have never seen it crash EITHER machine.

It certainly is no threat to your HD under OSX... Safari on the other
hand...

Regarding it being hard to move your wife.

I moved my 70 year old mom from AOL under 9 to OSX using the Apple Mail
client and IE (yikes), and she thanked me for making the computer
simpler to use!!!

Oh, and no more pornographic spam, and about 1/4 the price.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html