Re: [NTLK] Re[2]: Any eMates for sale?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 06:45:36 EST

on 15-01-2003 12:29, Patrick Jendraszak at indyibook_at_insightbb.com wrote:

> If I remember correctly, the upgrade card expanded the internal DRAM
> and flash memory on the eMate to the same specs as the MP2100. However,
> it did not accelerate the processor

That's pretty accurate, though the upgrade does speed up the way the eMate
addresses it's memory, the difference is hardly noticeable.

More important is were you do get a great benefit, you expand you internal
memory, which means a lot more internal space (which is quite nice in an
eMate because it only has one pcmcia slot) and it triples the Heap
(comparable to RAM in a desktop)

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html