Re: [NTLK] EZ2TV wanted

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 07:39:30 EST

>Ouch, hope it's not the end, I might need a new one in a year.

Per the technical contact on the whois, the company is indeed gone. In
fact no pages come up if you visit www.ezshow.com but google links to the
product-specific pages are still present on the server. Mike's email
bounces although the mailserver is up.

>>I post this knowing that this would likely affect the price of 2nd hand
>>ones :) but since I saw the TechTV "best of CES product"- the little
>>multimedia handheld device for $450 that's camera, video player, 40 gig HD
>>etc etc, but also would play powerpoint presentations straight to LCD
>>projector- just like the EZ2TV card would ($335 if I could buy one new).

>You are brave. ;-)
>Alternatives are available, but it's simpler to use a single device with
>multiple applications. But it's hard to dismiss a 40 GB HD.

Sure and nothing is keeping my laptop from working; and we do use
Authorware for presentations too, which may or may not run on the little
CES gizmo (tech specs are a little shy with casual looking), it's not out
until the end of the quarter? year? I forget.

play mpeg-4, MP3, video out to TV or projector, huge HD, few other things
(the camera etc is a $50 add-on though). $334 div $450 is a big percent
however :)

I think I've read 2? people here on the list who had one. Surely you can
get ahold of the software you are missing from someone, for importing from
the old Powerpoint...

Brian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html