Re: [NTLK] Dates/MoreInfo Problem

From: Matt Waldinger (waldingr_at_adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 09:50:57 EST

Thanks David.

Actually I think the problem I was having was due to the (apparent)
incompatibility of my ATA cards with Paul's demo driver. I finally tried to
unmount the card and when I did all was well. Unfortunately I didn't try
this until I restored from my last backup which was in mid December, so I
regressed and lost about half a month's worth of stuff. I then tried to
remount the card and ATA driver told me it was damaged and needed to be
repartitioned. Since then I have had trouble with all three of the cards I
purchased. They will work well and then give me the same -10606 error later.
This is even after updating the demo driver to R4. I would let Paul or the
rest of you know the info about the cards and their (apparent)
incompatibility, but I purchased them on Ebay and they are customized with a
State Farm Insurance logo on the front and just a label on the back that
says Viking Components - the "Part 15 of FCC Rules" info and 10MB. There are
stickers on all three, but they are faded. One of them looks like it's a
barcode, but it's barely visible. Since I don't know anything else about
what kind they are, I figured the point was moot. I've just cut my loses and
am waiting for my 16MB linear cards from Ebay to arrive.

Thanks for the response,
Matt