[NTLK] All- I have a Diamond Supra Exp

From: fthain_at_telegraphics.com.au
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 09:43:50 EST

> All-
>
> I have a Diamond Supra Express 56K external modem and wondered if there
> is a modem script/driver available? I can use the Hayes compatible, but
> would like a 'real' one.

This is my first post to NewtonTalk, so hi all.

I've never tried it on the Newton, but I use a SupraExpress 56e under
Jaguar. I had to hack one of the provided scripts to make it work
properly--the standard 56e script has several bugs.

The modem is on a hardware handshaking cable and runs at 115200 bps. If
your cable doesn't handshake then you can make the modem do xon/off with a
different init string. But if you think it might help you configure your
newton, or if you want to try it under OSX, let me know and I'll mail it
to you.

--
Finn Thain
smug MP120-owner