Re: [NTLK] Door clips

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 17:49:23 EST

on 18/01/03 15:16, Anthony Velasco at ecotone_at_mac.com wrote:

> Not much luck to date. As some list members may have already done some of
> the homework and found Eager Plastics online, I have yet to reach their
> polymer scientist. Because we are trying to duplicate the strength and
> hardness of the original clip without compromising its required flexibility
> in the spring (all in a very small component), I was hoping to get more
> experienced guidance to the many resins that they have available. I could
> make a guess, though it would hardly be an educated guess...I was just
> hoping to get the casting process down for those interested in doing their
> own, and providing clips to those who didn't want to mess with the mess.

Anthony,

That's fine. I'm still waiting. Whenever you can talk to this scientist and
get an answer, let us know. There isn't much we can do anyway, so...

-Laurent.

frag n.,v.: [from Vietnam-era U.S. military slang via the games Doom and Quake] 1. To kill another player's avatar in a multiuser game. "I hold the office Quake record with 40 frags." 2. To completely ruin something. "Forget that power supply, the lightning strike fragged it. See also gib.