Re: [NTLK] Yahoo Spying!.....

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 19:36:49 EST

on 18/01/03 18:58, Grant Hutchinson at grant_at_splorp.com wrote:

> In a previous message, Jeffrey M. Swiger typed vigorously:
>
>> I received this email today form a YahooGroups Users.
>> Please pass the word to your friends.
>
> And what exactly does this have to do with the Newton?
>
> Please refrain from posting these types of messages to the list, or at
> the very least be considerate and mark them as [OT] - as in 'off topic'.

I would guess he posted it because both the NewtonTalk emergency list and
the NMAP101 programmers list are hosted by Yahoo...

-Laurent.

cargo cult programming n.: A style of (incompetent) programming dominated by ritual inclusion of code or program structures that serve no real purpose. A cargo cult programmer will usually explain the extra code as a way of working around some bug encountered in the past, but usually neither the bug nor the reason the code apparently avoided the bug was ever fully understood (compare shotgun debugging, voodoo programming).