[NTLK] Newton as a pitch pipe

From: David Busey (im-wired_at_attbi.com)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 01:15:07 EST

Hello Newtonians,

Here's hoping you're enjoying the start of a 3 day weekend! For those of
you that have to go back to work on Monday; sorry I brought it up.

I'm looking for a way to use my Newton as a pitch pipe for when I'm working
with my Acappella group. I know there's a guitar tuner and some ear trainer
software on UNNA but I'm picturing something a little different...

I'd like to see a one octave piano keyboard depicted on the Newton screen.
In portrait orientation, the Newt screen dimensions would be about 2 keys
shy of making them 'full sized' keys but that's no biggie they'd be smaller
keys.

I'm not sure if the Newt has rudimentary midi voices or how it does tone
generating but perhaps above the musical keyboard might be some extra
controls for volume and perhaps something that lets you pick a different
voice for the tones the keys play.

In short it'd be a single octave, scaled down Casio musical keyboard kind of
concept.

Anybody know of anything like this in existence? Any programmer types that
might have fun taking on something like this? I'm guessing it wouldn't be
rocket science for someone with some skills in this area.

Thanks in advance everyone!!

--
David Busey
Beaverton, OR