Re: [NTLK] Grease for eMate hinges

From: Dave (gtidave_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 17:23:01 EST

I use a synthetic based Extreme Pressure (EP) Grease. You should be able to apply the grease without taking the hinge apart. Just make sure the springs are full length. If not, loosen the screw, free the spring and pull it straight so that it extends to the end of the slot. I use a pair of wire cutters to CAREFULLY grab the spring and pull it back out. The springs should make just more than one wrap around the shaft.

Once the springs are back to their proper length, and greased, the addition of washers is redundant IMNSH0, as you have corrected the cause of the problem.

HTH,
Dave