Re: [NTLK] power buttons

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 04:37:59 EST

on 20-01-2003 1:04, Rodney George at res09nlq_at_verizon.net wrote:

> Long time ago I load a package on my UMP2k that put a button on my
> screen that I could turn off the newton, check battery charge. I can not
> figure out what name it was or where I got.
> does anybody know.

What Newton model/OS are we talking about here, maybe some more detaisl
about the interface, there are a lot of packages that do these kind of
things...

> I also load a package that allows me to touch anywhere in the button
> area an turn on the backlight, anybody remember its name and url?

Anywhere? Never heard of it and doesn't seem prectical either because your
backlight would keep switching on.

If it was just a small spot in the corner of you button bar it might have
been Backlight Plus, free from http://www.tow.com/software/newton.shtml

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html