Re: [NTLK] Jaggies

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 23:37:28 EST

I have had a very strange experience with the Jaggies.

I purchased a MP2100 (used, of course, but in very good shape) and,
after a few weeks, I started having alignment problems and then the
Jaggies. Basically, if I took the pen along the right edge of the
screen, it would write a straight line for the top 3/5 of the screen,
but then the line would veer off towards the center of the screen by
about one-half to one inch. Even after realigning, I couldn't hit the
correct buttons along the bottom of the screen and letters were often
"jaggy" and misinterpreted. I tried all the potential cures, short of
opening the Newt case itself.

I got a spare MP2100 and began using it. I took the battery out of the
"Jaggie" Newt and used it in the spare. After one month, I tried
plugging in the "Jaggie" Newt to examine whether it still had the
"Jaggies." It did.

I put it back on the shelf for another 3-4 weeks and examined it again.
Remember, all this time it was without any internal battery. It still
had the "Jaggies." I tried a brain wipe, still "Jaggies." So, it was
back on the shelf.

Today, I was moving stuff around and decided to plug it in (another
month had gone by). No more "Jaggies"! A line drawn down the right side
of the screen was true! I put a (charged) battery in, still no
"Jaggies." I put two cards in (ethernet and memory) and still fine.

I don't know what's happening, but I am going to use it for a few days
to see if it exhibits any sign of the "Jaggies."

Very odd ....

Patrick

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html