Re: [NTLK] My legendary 2100 won't wake up

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 12:46:28 EST

On 21/01/03 12:25, "Rodney Withers" <mryendor_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a Newton 2100, that was once owned by Stacey
> Tenen. I have been using it regularly with no
> problems. I was out of town for a month, came back
> home, grabbed the newton, flew back out of town, and
> pulled the glorious power switch and NOTHING. The unit
> acts as if it's dead.
> I plugged in the adapter and tried the same - still a
> dead unit. I even plugged it up all last night while I
> slept and this morning - DEAD UNIT.
>
> Am I totally screwed? Any recommendations are
> apprciated.

That's a common behavior. What happened is that the Newton ran out of juice
for some time and now the power manager put the Newton into a deep sleep.
Even after you plugged it, the power manager still thinks there is no power.
So, disconnect it and remove the battery. Wait a couple of hours. Then, plug
it back and do a reset. It should come back to life...

-Laurent.

copy protection n.: A class of methods for preventing incompetent pirates
from stealing software and legitimate customers from using it. Considered
silly.