Re: [NTLK] Too much power?

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 04:22:13 EST

William Eggington <weggingt_at_eggington.net> wrote:

> I just got my AC power supply for my eMate. The guy on ebay was
> saying that it would work just fine. . . but when I plug it in it
> tells me:
>
> "The adapter is providing too much power. The batter cannot be
charged
> with this adapter."
>
> WHUH?!?
>
> Should I worry about it?

Yes ...! Check (i.e., sniff) for hints of burning near the power
connector; it you smell something, discontinue use and get your money
back.

> The orange light seems to be on. . . but the
> little bar that shows battery life is displaying "FAULT" instead of
> "CHARGING".

Not to be Captain Obvious, but can you adjust the input voltage on the
power adapter? If not, (again) get your money back.

That said, $10 and a trip to RadioShack would yield a power adapter
for digital cameras, which is what I'm using. It's got adjustable
input ... but your best bet is to spend the $30 at J&K Sales and get
the Real Deal(tm).

http://www.jksalesinc.com/2x00_power.htm

> :-/

Remember: "Smoke ... bad!"