Re: [NTLK] An error occurred activating...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 08:30:49 EST

on 22/01/03 08:07, Polenta Marco at Marco.Polenta_at_eurac.edu wrote:

> Hello all,
> In the last months, I often get this message when restarting my Newt. =
> The apps don't work until I restart three or four times.
> What does that mean? How can I fix the problem?
> The complete warning text:
> "An error occurred activating the package xxxxx. It may not work with =
> this system. Contact the software publisher for further information. =
> (Part 0, Type auto)"
> The packages who show this behavior are, for instance, Photoshow, Tibet, =
> Text stationery, Newt'sCape, NewtFTM. Some are stored in a 32MB card, =
> some in the internal store.

Usually, this means some kind of conflict, whether by another package or
from corrupted soup. I don't know what to suggest, except maybe do a backup,
if you haven't done so, and do a hard reset.

Did you install a new package recently?

-Laurent.

bytesexual /bi:t`sek'shu-*l/ adj.: [rare] Said of hardware, denotes willingness to compute or pass data in either big-endian or little-endian format (depending, presumably, on a mode bit somewhere). See also NUXI problem.