Re: [NTLK] overclock automation app

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 10:09:43 EST

Well, unless your Newt is reading back items in Notes,
the slightly higher pitch doesn't create a problem.
And in fact, that in and of its self tells me that my
Newt is acellerated. (of course, beyond the obvious
that things happen so much faster) And if you want to
have your Newt read to you, you can use Fred and then
adjust the speed and pitch in the inbox prefs and he
almost sounds normal!
But quite honestly though...you will find that you
will use un-acellerated so rarely that you'll never
miss ie! I only use un-acellerated when I beam with
those less fortunate than me, or when I'm editing my
NPDS main page (I use a keyboard for that...it's much
easier)
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- Andy Roo <andy_roo_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:

> hi there, i just overclocked my 2100, and i very
> much enjoy the extra
> speed.
> the one and only thing that bothers me about the
> setup is that when in
> the overclocked state, the sound output is
> accelerated and all the
> sounds come out higher pitched.
>
> i was wondering if anyone would be willing to make
> an app that will
> mute the sound when the newton is in the overclocked
> state. It would
> make a sweet addition to avi's backdrop, too, imho.
> maybe a little
> indicator on the backdrop suggesting which state the
> newt is in.
>
> just an idea :]

=====
May every SPAM you receive magically come true.
 -Spencer F. Katt; eWeek magazine