Re: [NTLK] ntox for a new Jabber Client?

From: eschneck_at_mindspring.com
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 12:51:34 EST

I believe that my Jabber client (NewtJabber) and the alternative (NIM)
don't have a problem with the XML parser, which is what NTox does=2E (I
considered NTox when I wrote NewtJabber, but could not figure out how to
call it from NSBasic)

The problem with both clients is that the Jabber server sends a large
packet of XML data, which the Newton internet stack breaks up into several=

smaller packets=2E These packets need to be assembled before parsing them,=

but neither app does that correctly=2E

Eric

p=2Es=2E The NewtJabber source is publicly available, and the NIM source c=
ould
probably be obtained if necessary=2E

http://mail2web=2Ecom/ =2E

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html