Re: [NTLK] Newton Newbie (second time r.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 15:13:17 EST

------------------
>A long time ago, I had an MP120, which I foolishy traded for something
smaller - big mistake #1. Later I bought a Windows CE machine in preference
to an MP2000 - big mistake #2.

At least you learn from your mistakes. :-o
------------------
>So now, after years of donkeying about with Palms, Jornadas, iPaqs, I've
returned to the land of the green,

LOL!
------------------
>First question, can I get a replacement touchscreen element from anywhere?
Maybe someone has a dead 2100 in the UK I could buy from them for the
touchscreen element?

Hmm, I got a bundle once on ebay, one MP2KU fine, one 'dead screen', used
the 'revival' technique and it's fine. Maybe just the trick?
------------------
>Thirdly, the battery pack that came with the 2100 was completely dead, I
couldn't get any charge on it even if I used an external charger. I've
split it open to replace the cells, does anyone know the capacity?
>1200mAH tagged NiMh AA cells are easy to get hold of here in the UK, are
these going to charge in my Newt?

Somebody posted a link to 2100 mAh. batts.
>I'm just sorry I've been away so long...
>
>Tim.

Not as sorry as the 'many' softwares released since Feb.98. ;-) that you
will be trying for weeks on end. :-D

!ooW %-)
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html