Re: [NTLK] Newton App for Tracking Class Attendance

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 20:02:47 EST

>From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl>
>>on 1/22/03 11:41, DDenby_at_aol.com at DDenby_at_aol.com wrote:
>> Learner Profile and Grade Point were 2 marvellous products sold by Sunburst
>> that did what you want and a lot, lot, lot more. However, I just perused
>> their site (sunburst.com) and could not find the Newton versions. Perhaps a
>> phone call could get you some old stock?

>Grade Point is on Unna:
>http://www.unna.org/unna/applications/GradePoint1.51/
>
>But I have no idea if it actually works...

IIRC there were two gradekeeper type apps usually mentioned, they are both
on UNNA.

However I think that the people who used them commented that neither?
worked super reliably.

Gradepoint was one, the other app that I recall as talked about much was
Clarity- it's on UNNA in the applications dir also.

I suggest searching MARC (www.newtontalk.net navigate to the archives) and
keyword search for each of these- the phrase that comes to my mind about
one of these apps (I forget which), was "worked well enough to get me
committed on it for the semester, then lost all the info" or something
similar. Might as well get the experience from someone who has tried them
out in the real world...

Brian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html