Re: [NTLK] Advice on screen protectors?/New NuShield review part 2

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 11:02:39 PST

on 28-01-2003 2:50, Stocker, Michael at mstocker_at_accelent.com wrote:

> I would appreciate any recommendations on screen protectors.

Since I promised the list that I was going to send in part one of my New
NuShield screen protector review, this seems to be a good occasion.

As I stated before I really like the new NuShields and the only drawback
that I could see is it's more reflective. So you see yourself a bit more as
the Newt acts a bit more like a mirror, something I only noted in the first
week BTW, one gets used to a status quo quite quickly. It also only occurs
if your straight over the Newt, something that happens rarely.

As for the durability, in my opinion very, very good. Been using this
protector quite intensely for 2 1/2 months now and only see some minor
scratches if look for them. (especially when letting light reflect on the
protector) But they don't hinder me at all, don't feel or see them while
using from day to day.

Hard to say how long this one will last but should be 1/2 a year easily.

I won't be cutting my homebrew protectors anymore, too much hassle and
though they were dirt cheap they would wear down also with two weeks.

Since I'm not such a regulated person I would quite often 'forget' to put a
new one on, in the end still regretting the loss of visibility on the
screen.

No more of all of that.

So to cut this story short, I'm now a happy and protected camper.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html