Re: [NTLK] Hi again

From: Damien Batstone (djb_at_er.dtu.dk)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 07:17:15 PST

At 12:53 29-01-2003 -0200, you wrote:
>On sexta-feira, jan 24, 2003, at 04:51 Brazil/East, Tracey Northcott=20
>wrote:
>

> >> There were people looking for IrDA receivers on this list not so long=20=
>
> >> ago,
> >> did you ever actually sell the IrDA to serial adapter you announced=20=
>
> >> on your
> >> website eons ago? And (possibly even better) would there be a chance=20=
>
> >> that
> >> you could make a IrDA to USB adapter?
> >
> > Interesting that you should ask - please watch this space for more
> > details. Forget the USB option though...
> >

>I have no knowledge about hardware development at all, but this answer=20=
>
>made me think: Isn't it possible to make an add-on board like SER-001=20
>that instead of a miniDIN-8 connector has an USB connector?

No. The hardware just isn't there. The best way for basic serial transfer
is to install a mini Din8, or if you only need RS232, a mini Din5, and make
up the cable.

Daniel Padilla's page here http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/minidin.htm
made this soo much easier for me (still difficult and fiddly though).

/Damien

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html