Re: [NTLK] A Modest Proposal

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 07:26:56 PST

Quoting THX 1138 <1f2frfbf_at_newted.org>:

> I'm thinking about bringing back my webpage, Newton Connections, but
> in a slightly different format. Instead of a single person doing all
> the work (and consequently getting really burned out) I'd like to
> have a multiple reporter format, wherein several people are allowed
> to submit articles and notes on what is happening in the Newton world
> at large. This has the dual benefits of spreading the duties out a
> bit more so one guy isn't doing all the work, and allows for the page
> to continue if someone, for whatever reason, decides to leave. The
> others could continue and recruit a new "reporter."

Ben,

I think this is a kick-ass idea, and kudos to you for floating it before I got
around to :) I'd post stuff for sure, if only to keep it separate from my
personal stuff on my site :)

Personally, I'd prefer MovableType instead of BloggerPro, that way we are not
at the mercy of Blogger toasting its databases, which seems to happen every
once in a while. I'm sure that Grant could set up MT on newted (and if not, I
can help him out).

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html