Re: [NTLK] Longtime listener, first time caller (new user)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 12:57:13 PST

On 29/01/03 15:10, "Albert Muniz" <hal_at_shout.net> wrote:

> Thanks to Michael Stocker for the tip on getting Palm calendar data to my
> Newton. I was able to find a program that syncs my Palm with Outlook (its
> called Desktop 2 Go) and then I could export the Outlook datebook file
> into a .csv file.
>
> Problem now is I keep getting an "unexpected communication error (-1)"
> every time I try to import the resulting .csv file. In fact, I seem to be
> getting that error whenever I try to import anything besides a newtonworks
> file.
>
> I already tried re-installing NCU, but I still keep getting the same
> error. I've made sure all of the plugs are snug and fit. What am I doing
> wrong?

If you're using a fast PC, there are some buffers used by NCU that don't
seem to be able to keep up with the flow of data. You need to run one or
several instances of an application called "slowdown.exe" to slow down your
computer so that NCU will be able to keep up.

Do a search in the NewtonTalk archive for 'slowdown' and you should find
plenty of messages talking about it.

-Laurent.

fish n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] 1. Another metasyntactic variable.
See foo. Derived originally from the Monty Python skit in the middle of "The
Meaning of Life" entitled "Find the Fish". 2. A pun for `microfiche'. A
microfiche file cabinet may be referred to as a `fish tank'.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html