Re: [NTLK] DHCP working with Orinoco Wireless/ABS? (was Re: questions on Newton

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 03:22:12 PST

> On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 09:20 PM, Darrell Greenwood wrote:
>> The DHCP configuration on my Newton doesn't work for some reason
>> through the wireless card. It does through a ordinary Ethernet card.
>> Any thoughts out there on what I need to fix? Is it the driver? Is it
>> the card? Is it the configuration? Or something else?
>>

> From: Bill Miranda <wmiranda_at_softhome.net>
> I use an Asante wireless router instead of an airport. On the slip that
> comes up when you insert the wireless card, I have set it up as
> follows: I checked the box that says "Use card for Apple Talk." On
> internet setup I have set the configuration for "DHCP server". I left
> the domain name as <None>. If i enter a domain name it doesn't work.

I have my system set exactly as Bill and it's working with no problems with
my D-Link DI-704 DHCP server. Maybe the problem is with the domain name as
like Bill, I also have connection problems when I set a domain name.

If you are using WEP check if you entered the wep key in hexdec correctly
and in all caps.

--lpetroni

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html