[NTLK] [OT] LCD cable question

From: Jeremy Wood (woodjd_at_whitman.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 15:36:00 PST

For some time I have considered a complicated (and rather pointless)
project to install my old powerbook 170 or 2400 (if I can make it work) in
my car. I would split off the screen, so that it could be used as a tablet
of sorts. GPS, mp3's (with the 2400) and a "ship's log" (please, don't
even think of or mention star trek (no offense ST fans, but really...))
for fuel consumption, etc.

Right. The point. If I were to fashion a cable to extend the "range" of
the LCD from one of these old brutes, would it work? A couple feet or so
of freedom? The comments about resoldering eMates peaked my interest...

Anybody mess around with such things? I'm afraid that the noise/power/etc
issues with increased cable length would be a showstopper...

Jeremy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html