Re: [NTLK] Schematics for 9W adapter?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 08:12:57 PDT

Jim Witte wrote:

> Has anyone cracked open a 9W adapter and produced a schematic? I was
> thinking an adapter you could run a Newton of an i/PowerBook adapter
> would be useful (if it were small enough). Making a voltage regulation
> circuit with current protection (to keep it from going over 9W, though
> I don't know why the Newt would pull more power) shouldn't be that
> hard, but I don't know if the fastCharge does anything strange like
> pulse charging. (of course, the iBook adapter may also do strange
> things with it's output.. Time to break out the oscilloscope I don't
> have..

Funny you should mention that Jim... it happens that both of my 9W adapters
are now dead for no apparent reason, and I've been meaning to take my Dremel
to one of them and see what makes it tick.

In other news, anyone want to sell me a working Newton AC adapter? I don't
care if it's an old one or a 9W one, I'm down to one and would like to have
one at work and one at home.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html