Re: [NTLK] help, i lost my 2100's system ram

From: Edward Humes (ehumes_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 15:16:12 PDT

It's definitely a 2100. I checked the RAM when I got it. Also, the
previous owner had it under Apple Care and Apple replaced both the
screen and the motherboard a year or so ago. I never actually checked
this, but the Newt and screen look absolutely mint, and the seller was
very reliable. I am just stumped. I cannot figure out why my 2100 is
only showing 912k ram.

> On Friday, July 4, 2003, at 09:59 AM, Woody Smith wrote:
>
>> Mine is an upgraded 2000. The system patch that results in ROM
>> Version
>> 2.1 (717260)-1
>> allowed mine to recognize the upgrade. Is it possible that the 2100 is
>> not a 2100?
>>>

>>> is there a different system patch for the 2100 that governs memory
>>> perhaps (I saw a reference in the archive to 710031) that I
>>> inadvertently overwrote with my upgraded 2000 files?
>>>
>>> Ed

oriingal message:
I finally got around to doing a brain wipe of a very nice mp 2100 i
acquired a while back.
I then did a restore using a card backup from my upgraded 2000.

when i restarted the 2100, it shows only 912 k system ram!
(in Memory Info, it also shows: ROM Version 2.1 (717260)-1

Is this a common problem (or common mistake)? Can anyone on the list
suggest how can I get my 4 mb of system RAM back?

ed

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html