[NTLK] Is Proxim Orinoco WiFi the same as Lucent?

From: Paul Vaughan (paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 01:19:58 PDT

Hi all,

I've seen a Proxim 'Gold' WiFi PCMCIA card at a
reduced price, but I'd like to be sure it will work in
my MP2001.

The list at www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm
lists the Lucent Orinoco 'Silver', and the Lucent
WaveLan Gold as cards that work, but not Proxim.

So, if anyone can tell me if this card is likely to
work, I'd appreciate it.

Also, does the WiFi driver now support a direct
connection to the net through a router?

One of the FAQ's I read said I needed a software
router in my Mac, but the ff.iij4u.or.jp site seemed
to suggest a connection could be made through a
router.

Thanks in advance

Paul

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html