Re: [NTLK] Survey on PCMCIA Cards

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 11:59:32 PDT

Matt
I am using the 3Com Model 3CXE589ET X-jack ethernet card to connect to
NCU in Mac classic. It will also web browse and download eMail though
I rarely use it for anything other than NCU.
Took a bit of time to sort out all necessary extensions and Newton
setup but the speed compaired to serial was worth it not to mention not
having to restart in OS 9.
I am using a slower modem 28.8 Megahertz XJ4288 also X-jack. Worked
the first time I tried it.
Good luck with your quest.
Woody Smith

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html