[NTLK] Jaggies...coincidence?

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 21:40:45 PDT

I have an upgraded 2000. About two months ago I was using my Newton to
take notes at a conference and for the first time ever started
experiencing stylus misalignment and jaggies. I used the credit card
cleaning method after removing nusheild, seemed slightly better but
still unable to reliably take notes. Took Newton apart and scraped
away some material from where case contacts screen, can't say that
there was any notable improvement. Problem persisted sometimes worse
sometimes better. Every time I took the Newton from my bag I had to
realign it.
I have become dependent on my Newton for work and pleasure so I started
looking for a replacement even though I couldn't really afford it.
Coincidence?
I noticed that the moist wipes that I always carry with me were in the
same compartment and the seal was damaged so I put them in a ziplock
bag. Active ingredients benzalkonium chloride and inactive ingredients
include water, alcohol 40 and sorbic acid.
The jaggies and misalignment gradually improved and are now gone.
Coincidence?

Woody Smith

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html