[NTLK] copying memory cards

From: Edward Humes (ehumes_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 23:59:07 PDT

Having been burned by a failed memory card, I wonder what the best
solution is for copying (as opposed to backing up) the packages and
soups on a linear flash card to a second card.

I thought I could do it through NCU, but that option doesn't seem to be
there. When I tried to accomplish it by backing up the internal and
card stores, then restoring them to the newton with a different card in
the open slot, it didn't work, though it seems like it should.

Any other solutions? I thought this was something SBM Utilities might
do, but I couldn't find a reference to such a function in the readme
files. I know there must be a way to do this, though...

Ed

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html