Re: [NTLK] Newton Development and should I upgrade. . .

From: ALAN SHAW (alanshaw_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 15:31:24 PDT

>I have an MP130 which I love (as well as another 130
>and a 120 too). I am getting a bad case of 2x00 envy
>though and was wondering if I should upgrade or not.

My answer to your upgrade question would be YES! I got a 2100 after
using a OS 2.0 130 for three years. The 2100 runs circles around the
130. It is *so* much faster. Specs I've read say the StrongARM chip in
the 2x00 series is 10 times faster than the chip in the 1x0 series, but
uses only 25 percent of the power. Other improvements include the larger
screen, higher rez, grayscale, stylus holder, 2 card slots, paper-like
writing surface, lots more memory, more heap, etc.

The only downside that I can think of is the 2100 is larger and doesn't
seem to be quite as physically tough as the 1x0 series.

Alan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html