Re: [NTLK] A WiFi card question

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jul 12 2003 - 11:53:16 PDT

on 12/07/03 12:47, funke erich at funkeys_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> I purchased an Orinoco GOLD 11mbits/s Wifi card for my MP2000.
> However it arrived in a simple clear jiffy bag.
> What I want to know is are there plastic protective cases available for
> them?
> (The kind of case that one would receive a standard size PCMCIA card in.
> Except this WiFi card is longer than a standard PCMCIA card)
> I don=B9t want to leave the card in the MP when I travel, and just want to
> protect the card in transit.
> Erich=20

Yes, these cards are usually delivered in the plastic cases that you
describe. Maybe you should contact the seller?

-Laurent.

flowchart n.: [techspeak] An archaic form of visual control-flow
specification employing arrows and 'speech balloons' of various shapes.
Hackers never use flowcharts, consider them extremely silly, and associate
them with COBOL programmers, card wallopers, and other lower forms of life.
This attitude follows from the observations that flowcharts (at least from a
hacker's point of view) are no easier to read than code, are less precise,
and tend to fall out of sync with the code (so that they either obfuscate it
rather than explaining it, or require extra maintenance effort that doesn't
improve the code). See also PDL, sense 1.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html