Re: [NTLK] keyboard [Was: a jaggies story]

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Sat Jul 12 2003 - 21:20:28 PDT

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 10:08:32PM -0400, David Humphreys wrote:
> This would be read by a pic chip that would output the newton keyboard
> protocol. This is protocol is known and published on the web.

This is exactly the route I was planning to go. It's comforting
to hear it from another source.

> The concept is trivial. The largest expense would be the custom
> membrane keyboard.

It almost seems like a new lid & hinge would be worth it (with 'open'
indicator for keyboard use), but that and a membrane keypad would be
a ways off. Developing new door moulds wouldn't be too tough though
thanks to some contacts I made back in college.

> Isn't design fun?

I need to quit my day job.

Now to see if WINE will support the ARM developer's toolkit under Linux...

-Jeff

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html