Re: [NTLK] Newton 2000 - Can one set up two different

From: Alan Toops (alantoops_at_cs.com)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 10:32:54 PDT

On 7/13/03 12:57 AM, "funke erich" <funkeys_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> Thanks for coming forward again, Alan. I remember you've offered up some
> information for me previously.
> Ok, so do you mean I must create new "owners"? And then set up the prefs
> differently for each "new owner"? Or do I create new worksites?
> Also, does the Newt automatically connect to WiFi networks?
> Say I'm at Starbucks - will I have to create a new "whatever-it-is" for
> Starbucks use? Or will I be able to create an "all-purpose" WiFi profile?
> Regards
> Erich.
>

>> --
>> This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
>> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
>> Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

Eric,

The owner's slip will allow you to do multiple e-mail entries so you can set
up as many as you have need for. However, you can only use one account at a
time. So to change from MSN to Apple, you must deselect MSN and select APPLE
or vice versa in the owner's slip.

You are in essence setting up multiple 'sites" in the owner's slip. No, the
Newton does not sense Wi-FI. You must enter the SSID or network name for
each network you want to use. You do this on the driver slip that pops up
when you start the newton and insert the wireless card. You could use
Internet set-up to have multiple configurations but it just as quick to
"type" in a new SSID. I use a single wireless set-up slip and change the
SSID.

There are others much more knowledgeable about these matters here on
newtontalk but this has worked ok for me so far.

alan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html