Re: [NTLK] OT: eWorld

From: Matt Janeczek (MJJ14_at_aol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 21:07:47 PDT

 Very true, good point! Both to Rick and Jeff, and anyone for that matter,
do any of you guys sort of miss the pre-Steve Apple? I know those times in
the mid 90s were very hard, and a lot of disorganization and other bad
thingshappened to Apple during that time, but a lot of cool things came out
of it. We got the Newton and eMates, eWorld, the Perfmora line of
computers,all stuff I grew up on as a kid. Don't get me wrong, Apple is
doing great now and I am glad to see them back on their feet. They still
make very innovative products and software that cater to the public. Maybe
its just nostalgia more than anything, but I sort of miss the old days.
But,we can't live in the past and can't change anything in the past either.
It was just so cool when the few select Mac users back then had something
that the general public, and PC users alike never could have experienced.
Ohwell, it's all the more reason for me to love Apple. With mailing lists
like this, it makes me feel good to know all has not been forgotten. OS 7
and 8 days were pretty hectic, but a lot of learning and creativity went on
amid all the turmoil of that time. Well, enough of my reminiscing haha!
Just some food for thought for you guys...
-Matt
Rick Ludwig wrote:

Makes me wish I was part of the whole eWorld thing...
I've always thought, since Apple started charging for .Mac, that they
should start being a broadband provider. Start local in Cali, then work
their way East.
I guess that eWorld is just another thing Apple is provideing a 'mini'
version of (i.e. .Mac=mini eWorld, iPod=mini Newton [sort of], iSight =
mini Quicktake [ironically, the iSight is probably capable of taking
better pics than the Quicktake...].
Interesting stuff.
-Rick

--