Re: [NTLK] Delurking and ser-001

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 06:29:49 PDT

scott wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Well, since I've delurked . . .
>
> I ordered a couple of ser-001s and I assuming they come with
> installation instructions. Until that arrives, can someone outline
> what is required for the install - I've not taken a newt apart before
> and am a little . . . erm . . . concerned :-)

A brief synopsis would be:

Do the first four steps here to remove the back case cover:
http://mrpcbman.tripod.com/Backlight.htm

Pay attention to the first two words: Backup Everything!

At the "top" of the Newton mainboard, near where the interconnect port is,
there is a little header connector. This is where the SER-001 goes. You
just take out the plastic port cover next to the interconnect port, carefully
press in the SER-001, screw it in, and replace the cover. It does come with
an instruction sheet.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html