Re: [NTLK] 64 meg linear flash and newt?

From: Richard David Turner, SG (thelastamerican_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 19:57:15 PDT

On Sunday, July 13, 2003, at 11:07 PM, David B. Alford wrote:
> I also have just made a Toshiba 2GB pcmcia hard disk work (sort of). I
> did run
> into trouble with the sizing of the partions, but I am working that out
> with
> Paul and his excellent ATA support program. He has indicated that he
> will fix
> the bug that does not allow it to go up as high as I need (512MB per
> card for
> 4 storage partitions.)

That's interesting. I'm using a 256MB ATA CF card with Paul's driver
that at I've currently divided into 3 stores of 62MB, and one of
62.5MB. At first, the only problems I've seen, so far, is that I can
not make just ONE store from the whole card. Nor can I make 2 stores of
maximum/equal size (124MB). But I can make one SMALL 4MB store AND two
maximum stores of about 120MB-124MB each. That SEEMS to work alright.
All three stores will format, mount, and store data. I just don't have
over 120MB of stuff to store on my Newt at the moment to see if the
WHOLE 120MB+ partition will maintain its integrity.
Though within the past couple of weeks, I have noticed some sort of
'corruption' of the 62.5MB store(the 4th) whenever I mount the just the
4th store by itself, or together with either the 3rd or 2nd. I'll
sometimes lose access to the Routing(Envelope) menus as soon as the 4th
store is mounted, or after any other store is mounted AFTER the 4th.
But ONLY if the 4th store is mounted. If any combo of the other three
is mounted-No problem.

I've made several backups over the past month or so, so I'm not to
worried about data loss. I've been too busy with other peoples computer
problems, so I just haven't had time yet to do a wipe and restore to
see if the issue goes away, and for how long. I haven't even been able
to email Paul about this yet. Maybe he'll see this one the list. I'll
hopefully get to it this weekend.

Richy T.

Remember to Pillage BEFORE you Burn.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html