Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - Royalties

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 09:20:39 PDT

Additionally, the CD-R's that have the royalties
payment built in (ie, the ones that cost more than
regular CD-rs) also are the only CD-Rs that are
recordable in home component stereo CD recorders. If
you try to record onto a normal CD-r, the system will
spit it out. I personally do not have one of these
devices, but I have a disgruntled friend that does
(did) and found this frustrating.
Also, some home and car players will only play back
CD-Rs that have been specifically coded for Audio
(read-royalty paid CD-rs)
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server a
nd it's new subdomain)

--- Frank Gruendel <fg2_at_pda-soft.de> wrote:
<snip>
> type is cheaper. Hence pretty much nobody uses the
> CD-R's with royalties
>
> included in the purchase price. If you actually use
> CD's of this type
> for
> every audio CD you copy: Respect! You are probably
> one of less than a
> dozen
> in Germany.
>
> Frank

=====
"Liberals don't care about the environment. The core of environmentalism is a hatred for mankind. They want mass infanticide, zero population growth, reduced standards of living and vegetarianism. Most crucially, they want Americans to stop with their infernal deodorant use. "
 - Anne Coulter Op Ed piece on Global Warming